A compelling documentary called, Common Gender explores the lives of hirja’s in Southeast Asia. I hope that I’m able to get my hands on this film. The stories shared will have a lasting impact and hopefully raise more awareness of the changes that need to happen around the world for fair and equal treatment.
A quote from the article about the film that had me near tears was: “Robin was at a mall as a hijra or transgender female was thrown first out of the men’s room and then the ladies’ room. As customers began screaming, security guards dragged her to the street and began beating her.
“What are you doing here?” shouted the guards. “I’m human! I need to go to the toilet,” she replied.”
To learn more about the film click here .
It is available on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q39rdePK5cA
- luvthevalley likes this
- imfromdriftwood reblogged this from transgayinfo
- tarawrz reblogged this from transgayinfo
- transqueery likes this
- thetreesareenergy likes this
- tarawrz likes this
- squishysound reblogged this from qbits
- marchoftigers reblogged this from qbits
- sineatersmith likes this
- steady-hands likes this
- qbits said: it is on youtube, I just reblogged the link. Thx for the heads up! Q.
- qbits reblogged this from ryansallans and added:
- qbits likes this
- ryansallans posted this